Tourism Visa to Democratic republic of congo
As tourism in kahuzi biega national park is booming at the high peak due to the improved security and safety of travelers in the region of south Kivu, Gorilla trekking to kahuzi biega national park is among the tour top ranking safaris to congo that are offered by trusted tour operators in Africa, this has increased the income to the park as its managed by ICCN. This work being done by the park has improved on how to obtain the visa to congo and the following are the clear ways to get the visa to congo irrespective of the inability of the congo government to implement an online visa application system.
Clients can get their tourism visa for the DRC at the DRC embassy in their home country and they are approved from kinshasa .
Institut Congolais pour la Conservation de la Nature (ICCN), the Congolese wildlife authority, has an agreement with Direction Générale de Migration (DGM), the Congolese immigration service, to facilitate obtaining 2-week, single entry tourist visas for people visiting Kahuzi Biega National Park. The cost of the visa is USD $150.
- Eastern lowland Gorilla Trek ›
- Nyiragongo Volcano Trek ›
- Safari Lodge Accommodation ›
- Chimpanzee habituation experience permit
- Walking Trails ( Guided Nature walks)
- Home stay tours to Lwiro sanctuary ( Chimpanzee Orphanage)
Treks or accommodation linked with the purchase of a tourist visa through Kahuzi Biega National Park are non-refundable.
IMPORTANT NOTE. ) Kahuzi Biega National Park only acts as a facilitator in the visa process for travelers visiting Eastern Lowland Gorillas. Full authority rests with the DRC’s Department of Immigration (DGM) in Kinshasa. DGM rarely issues actual electronic versions of visa approvals.
Tourist Visa in Review:
- Only available online through kahuzi biega.org or via a trusted tour operator
- Only valid in combination with a paid-in-full park permit or accommodation
- VISA FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- Single entry and valid for 14 days from day of entry
- Please bring a printed copy of your trek/accommodation and visa order confirmations with you.
- Please email a scanned copy of your passport to Gloria (email@example.com) upon completion of your visa application.
- Yellow Fever vaccination may be required for access into the country
- The Directorate of Immigration (DGM) reserves the right to reject a visa application
- Please cross into Bukavu at the “Rusizi 1 ” NOT at the “Rusizi 2”
The Following are the clear procedures to obtain the visa to congo.
The Visa to congo will require the purchase and confirm a Booking of either safari activity like Gorilla Trekking permit, Nature walks & Confirmed accommodation with Bukavu town due to the fact that the national park doesn’t have any lodge near the park.
Through the Park:
Kahuzi Biega National Park can secure the visa to you and it will be a tourists visa, the park will send you an approved tourist visa that you will present at the border when crossing (Rusizi 1) into bukavu the capital of the south kivu.
Through a Congo Safari Agent.
The Safari agent company will take care of the visa and make the clear documents to present at the entry border of Congo, where by they will make all the lodges and hotel bookings, Safari Activities like Gorilla Permits and other primate adventure pass to kahuzi biega & Virunga National Park.
Alternatively it is possible to get the Visas at the DRC embassies in Nairobi/Kampala/Kigali, but this can prove costly and time consuming. Virunga National Park & Kahuzi Biega National Park are working on a Tourism Visa which will be available for purchase via our website, once this has been arranged it will be communicated widely. Transport can either be arranged with Car rental congo or via our Tourism Office. For safety reasons we ask our tour operators and visitors to contact the tourism office. See also the section about safety.
Please Note: That a Tourist visa to congo is valid for 14 Days and its single entry visa congo.
Those travelers seeking to secure the Congo invitation letter through kahuzi biega national park , should contact Gloria on the details below.
Name : Gloria Mwenge
Position: Tourism program officer